Re: Where to put the life raft

Davi Rozgonyi

Wow to what Eric was relating.... but that sort of bring up my point: I haven't been even remotely tested in this boat in horrific conditions, but from everything I read and hear (including just now with Eric's account above), I don't think you'll need a liferaft in horrific conditions. The Amels aren't going to be sunk like that. I'd say the two likeliest causes of needing a life raft would be ramming something in normal conditions (also less likely to sink us with the waterproof bulkheads and a good crash pump onboard, which most of us carry), or fire. That leaves fire. And in a fire situation, I'd be happiest on the aft rail where mine is mounted, not up front or in the cockpit. Just my 2 cents...