Re: Best location for solar panels

Paul Osterberg

We have 2x180 watt 72 cells on the rail works great, in addition to that I ordered two custom made 180 w 72 cells flexible panels from Hovall (china) for my bimini (not arrived yet). The advantage with the 72 cells panels you can have them in parallell and shadow will be a much less issue. I'm so pleased with my 180 w panels on the rail so might replace the 3x150 watt 36 cells panel I have on my Emec arc. the 180 w 72 cells are almost identical in size with the old 150W. The one on the rail are attached with NOA solar panels fastening. about 2/3 out from the boat.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259, Lagos Portugal sykerpa.com