Re: Galley Stove Replacement #stove #galley

Germain Jean-Pierre

Hello Dan and Mark,

When we refitted Eleuthera, SM007, we went for Ocean Chef 3.(OC3)  This is the cooker installed on Oysters.

Advantages:
- Fits well into the space vacated by the old unit,
- 3 burner cook top instead of 2 in dearly departed old unit
- Good gimbal.
- Top grate locks in our Induction cookplate (Unold… inexpensive and a great unit) we rarely use the Ocean Chef propane cook top.

Disadvantages:
- OC3 markings/decals disappear very quickly if cleaned.
- Igniter unit failed quickly even with limited use.  We now use one of the long igniters to light the oven.
- We added a brushed SS deflector plate to dissipate the heat under the Microwave shelf.

Piccies available if needed. After 4 years, we are very satisfied.

The Induction add-on is awesome.  Would not be without it. UNOLD … Germany made

Good luck,

Jean-Pierre Germain

On 25 Apr 2020, at 06:04, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

Just my 2¢, I think Force10 quality has gone downhill over the years.

There was a thread on this forum a little while ago about a company in the UK who makes really top notch stoves. Sorry, I do not recall the brand but they are impressive. Also, have you considered Dickison: http://dickinsonmarine.com/

Both companies ship globally.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper
Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275