This tool will set you back $3k

Kelly + Ryan
Iteration

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020, 18:16 Aras <aras.grinius@...> wrote:
I wonder how big they are and they're coat
Aras
Sharki #163 1988

On Sat, Apr 25, 2020, 5:37 PM Ryan Meador <ryan.d.meador@...> wrote:
Hi all,

On the Zoom call this evening, Ian asked if anyone uses a tension gauge when tuning their standing rigging.  Here in the Northeastern USA, it seems that none of the professional riggers use them (I even had one tell me no such thing exists for wires as large as our rigging).

But down in Martinique, Caraïbe Gréement (the Amel-affiliated rigging company) uses an elevator cable strain gauge for this purpose.  I've attached a photo I snapped while Gaëtan's crew was working on our boat.  It made quick work of the process.  I'm tempted to buy one for my own use.

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA