From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Barry Connor via groups.io
Sent: 25 April 2020 18:51
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Lewmar acrylic lens replacement on Amel 54

Hi Paul,

 No, not UV damage. The boat yard workers in Monastir, Tunisia sprayed/spilt a liquid all over my topside. The deck polished out OK but all the acrylic hatches, port lights and widescreens need replacement. When we bought in 2015 all windows were perfect no signs of any marks or UV affects, now we have streaks and blotches everywhere.

I don’t know if any Amel 54 owners have had to replace the acrylics before. If anyone has any experience with replacement of the acrylics I would really appreciate any advise. This is becoming a challenge. A have had some traders wanting to cut out and replace, don’t know what quality acrylic I might get. I only want the genuine supply from manufacturers.

Would appreciate any advise that anyone has.

Best

Barry and Penny Connor

“SV Lady Penelope II”

Amel 54.  #17

Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

On Apr 25, 2020, at 12:17, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Barry,

I’m curious as to why they need replacing – UV damage? Should I be concerned about mine?

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada