Re: Lewmar acrylic lens replacement on Amel 54

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Barry,

I remember now – we had this exchange before. I recommended a place in Grenada called Driftwood to replace your cockpit screens – photo attahed. I can’t help with the hatches though.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Barry Connor via groups.io
Sent: 25 April 2020 18:51
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Lewmar acrylic lens replacement on Amel 54

Hi Paul,

No, not UV damage. The boat yard workers in Monastir, Tunisia sprayed/spilt a liquid all over my topside. The deck polished out OK but all the acrylic hatches, port lights and widescreens need replacement. When we bought in 2015 all windows were perfect no signs of any marks or UV affects, now we have streaks and blotches everywhere.

I don’t know if any Amel 54 owners have had to replace the acrylics before. If anyone has any experience with replacement of the acrylics I would really appreciate any advise. This is becoming a challenge. A have had some traders wanting to cut out and replace, don’t know what quality acrylic I might get. I only want the genuine supply from manufacturers.

Would appreciate any advise that anyone has.

Best

Barry and Penny Connor

“SV Lady Penelope II”

Amel 54.  #17

Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique 

On Apr 25, 2020, at 12:17, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> wrote:

Barry,

I’m curious as to why they need replacing – UV damage? Should I be concerned about mine?

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Barry Connor via groups.io
Sent: 25 April 2020 15:44
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Lewmar acrylic lens replacement on Amel 54

I need to replace all my Lewmar arcylic lens on the 7 Lewmar hatches. I have measured the outside and they tally with Lewmar specs for the size 50,54,60,and 70.
I measure the actual lens size and the size does not match the Lewmar specification for the actual lens.
Example:
Lewmar size 50: My overall outer measurements, 448x578mm. Same as Lewmar spec. 
Lewmar size 50 lens: Lewmar specification measurement for lens is 377x507mm. My measurement of Lens inside the seal 387x517.

Can anyone put me straight on this?
These acrylic lenses do not seem difficult to install after looking at the Lewmar video, don't want to order the wrong size.

Thanks

Barry and Penny Connor
"SV Lady Penelope II"
Amel 54.  #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.