Re: ZOOM meeting follow up - comments welcome here

Thanks, Greg. BTW of all of the riggers in the world, Nicky is the best. I have known Nicky Sammut since 2015. Nicky knows Amels. He has inspected and worked on the rigging of all Amel models from the Maramu to the 64. He has sailed as crew on Amels. Nicky has installed upgraded Bamar furlers on 54s. Nicky is one of the best riggers for Amels in the Mediterranean. Malta is a great location for a haulout before an Atlantic Crossing. Regardless of the age of your rigging, every owner should have a complete rigging inspection before the crossing.

Nicky’s Rigging & Marine ServicesVat no. 1881-2224Mobile +356 79271668Email. nickysail@...

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Apr 26, 2020 at 6:26 PM Gregory Shea <gmshea@...> wrote:
Bill,
I think that everyone has their own "Exchange of Knowledge" takeaways from these general discussions, and I would not be overly concerned about ploughing old ground. For example, you (and others) knew about Nicki (sp?) in Malta. I didn't and he is exactly the type of person I have been looking for to help with a mast rehabbing project, in Greece. I have E mailed Mohammed privately, asking for more details.
Maybe the participants didn't uncover any new technical insights but "knowledge" is a pretty broad term and who knows what other "aha" moments may have come out of the meeting.
Although this is just the first one, have you thought about how to prevent the meetings from becoming hot air balloons, personal soap boxes or platforms for inappropriate commentary. The moderators perform this function in the written forum and I would think a light touch should be enough but it is exponentially more difficult in a real time situation

Greg Shea
Sharki 133 Cap des iles