Re: Lewmar acrylic lens replacement on Amel 54

Wolfgang Weber

Hi Arno,
it is the  3M  Silver 15  exterior - see data attached. I bought 3,0 m x 0,914 m  for 76 € online. Years before I used  no-name product which was blind after 1 year. Especially the captains cabin got very hot before I made the 3M on the Lewmar Acrylic lens. It only reduces a little bit of light - see data.
Installation is easy- spray bottle with little soap. Before you polish the acrylic lens, handles etc screwed off, spray both - 3M and acrylic lens with watersprayer, with 4 hands put 3M on window, push away the water with creditcard. you will be better after 4 hatches.
Wolfgang SY Elise Amel 54 #162