Re: Cable feed into Main and Mizzen masts on a A54

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello,

Yes the antenna wire did blind end behind the master shower lamp. The Antenna was not used with the original Furuno SSB Radio. 
When I installed my ICOM IC-802 I needed to extend and route the antenna wire to the navseat.

That was on my boat that way build #39. 

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54#39 
Martinique 

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020, 14:22 Teun BAAS <teun@...> wrote:

Hi Oliver,

Do I understand from below message that on the A54 the triactic antenna wire/connection dead ends behind the MC shower lamp?  So coming from AMEL Yard on delivery this is not connected at all and serves no purpose?

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

Currently on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

April 29, 2020 11:21:34

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

You can follow AMELIT via this link: https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/AMELIT

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 07:11
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Cable feed into Main and Mizzen masts on a A54

Hello,

You find the mizzen cables behind the master shower lamp. 

My Mizzen to Mainmast stay antenna wire (triatic??) ended there too. So I had to route it from there to the navseat. There is a cable tube going from showerlamp to alley.

The mainmast wires are accesseble above the forward alley door. 

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54#39 

Martinique 

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020, 09:34 Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:

Dear forum,

Does anyone have drawings, pictures or other information on how the cables are routed into the mizzen and main masts of a A54 and how to access the cables for the mizzen? One of the things I'm still wondering is where the antenna cable from the triatic stay is going to.
I also want to replace some of the other antenna cables as well as the cable for the (quite useless) Immarsat phone for  something more useful.

Thanks in advance,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121
St. Martin

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.