Re: Cable feed into Main and Mizzen masts on a A54

Let me tell you what I know.

Amel installed insulators on the Triadic Stay so that the stay wire could be used as a Weather Fax Antenna. As far as I know, every SM and 54 had this "antenna." The coax wire terminates behind the Nav Station on an SM in a loop of extra cable and in a 54, behind the shower light fixture, unless, of course, if the first owner of the SM or 54 had Amel install a Weather Fax.

In my experience, the AM/FM antenna is on the main mast top on every "unchanged" SM and 54. It is a PVC VHF-like antenna, and in fact, when I installed an AIS transceiver and needed an antenna, I used the AM/FM radio antenna and substituted a rubber car antenna which I mounted behind the nav station cabinet. Of course, I had to change the connection plug to use the cable for my AIS.

I hope this helps.
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 2:15 PM Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
Not pretending to know anything about SSB, I was told the triatic stay is not very suitable for SSB transmissions due to its orientation.

Does anyone know where the antenna for the AM/FM radio lives?

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121