Locking the bowthruster on a A54on passages #solution

Arno Luijten

As you all know Amel recommends using a locking pin on the bowthruster when making passage. Although good advice not always practical as you need to open the cover in the sail locker. If that thing is full of stuff that can be quite the nuisance.

For those that have a GRP version of the cover, the following may be of use to you.

When you look at the cover there is a recess on the top side. I'm guessing Amel was planning the very thing I now did but did not do it at build time because of costs.
Basically I made an access hatch that enables you to lock/unlock the thruster without removing the cover. It's a bit tight but you can just reach the pin and put it into place or remove it.
Pictures enclosed.

Cheers,

Arno Luijten,
SV Luna,