Re: Cable feed into Main and Mizzen masts on a A54

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello,
The triatic stay is used by the SSB ICOM M802 radio to receive DSC emergency trafic. Its only receiving on this antenna.

The M802 needs 2 antennas. For regular transmissions it uses a backstay or the whip antenna.

If you do not connect the second antenna you will not hear "nearby" stations in distress.

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54#39
Martinique

On Wed, Apr 29, 2020, 16:35 Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
Yeah, Luna has the weatherfax as well. So I'm guessing there is a antenna cable between the nav-station and the mizzen mast. Although the reception of this thing seems quite sketchy. The pictures I get from it are very hard to make sense of.

REgarfds

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121