Re: Top loading galley fridge/freezer used as a fridge: No?

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello,

1. Magnetic stainless 20mmx1mmx required length. Custom cut at ebay. Germany. Backside sanded and glued with contact cement.

2. Magnetic freezer gasket. Professional fridge repair online custom made to our size. Attention the stainless basin might not be right under the lid. Check that.
At the foto I show how we fixed it by screws.

3. The hole for the cooling tubes was filled with sprey foam, and because that is a weak point, I placed 10cm extruder foam under the freezer and fixed all with spray foam.

4. Yes, it was a lot exhausting work. We are happy with it now. We are in tropic Martinique, we drive the freezer with -19Celsius and the compressor has about 70% work time. Actually I cant say exactly because the original fridge is the weak point now, its insulation is not that efficient as the freezer.

I need to improve my software to log the operating time in a bettet way.

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54#39
Martinique

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020, 04:41 Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:
Oliver,

Just watched your video - that insulation replacement seems like a big job! But the results seem to make it worth it?

One question for you about the big hole on the bottom for the compressor lines: did you fill that big hole in with something? Otherwise it would seem that all of the cold air would flow out of it.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69