OPACMARE gangway not rotating

luvkante

Dear friends,

I am constantly facing problems with the rotation axle of my OPACMARE gangway, since I crossed the Atlantic (oxidation?).

When I leave CHIARA alone for a couple of months without operation, the rotation axle does not work. I have to rotate the gangway with big force manually backwards and forwards many times and slowly the gangway starts to rotate again. After many operations it works flawlessly again.

When the gangway is stuck, I hear the pump working, so it is ok. So should be the valve. It seems to engage properly. I checked it with the screw driver.

A service man was not very helpful. He suggested to change the oil. I do not believe, that that is the problem, because the other linear axles seem to be ok.

Any ideas?

Martin

AMEL 54 #149

CHIARA