Re: OPACMARE gangway not rotating

Arno Luijten

Hi Carina,

You were very fortunate. Our actuator was seized up so bad that the whole workshop of FKG hydraulics here in St. Maarten found no way to disassemble the thing. I suppose if there is still some motion in the actuator you will be able to take it apart. That seems good news for Chiara.

To your comments about Opacmare. Yes we had trouble with them as well, although not as bad as you describe. On the other hand , a fellow boat owner had a passerelle from a different manufacturer and he also suffered huge communication and cooperation problems with that vendor. Apparently business for these people to too good to care about after-sales... Me thinks that will have changed post-covid time.

REgards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121