Re: OPACMARE gangway not rotating

Arno Luijten

Hj Greg,

The actuator is pure hydraulic/mechanical. It has two oil connectors. Push oil in one and the thing rotates in one direction, pushing oil from the other connection. Reversal by putting pressure in the other connector.

Opacmare does not make this thing themselves. It’s a more or less generic part that can also be used in other machinery. We tried to find out who actually makes it but Opacmare removed any reference from the actuator.

My guess is the thing was never designed for the marine environment and Opacmare did a sloppy job protecting it from salt water.

Regards,
Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121