Von: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> Im Auftrag von Mark Erdos
Gesendet: Sonntag, 3. Mai 2020 09:04
An: AmelYachtOwners@groups.io
Betreff: [AmelYachtOwners] Washing Machine and 50 htz

This is one of those “duh” moments.

We have been aboard Cream Puff for 5+ year cruising full time. When in a marina with the incorrect cycles to run the washing machine, we have always run the genset periodically to catch up on laundry.

Now in Tahiti where voltage is like no other place on earth. 220v 60 htz, we parked in a marina and were disappoint when we discovered the wrong cycle for the washer/dryer.

Now comes the “duh” moment. Unplug the washer/dryer from is normal outlet and plug it into an outlet with power from the inverter. No need to run the generator. Also with a battery charger running (separate from the inverter/charger) there is no battery drain and no “pass through” power.

A couple of year ago, I upgraded the inverter aboard Cream Puff and it has ample wattage to run the washer/dryer. I have no idea as to why I didn’t this of this earlier. If you hadn’t thought of this yet either, you can buy me a beer later.

BTW – does anyone run the washer/dry while underway? We never have. I am wondering how the spin cycle works with the vessel pitching and rolling. I am interested to hear your thoughts on this.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

www.creampuff.us