Re: Washing Machine and 50 htz

Arno Luijten

Hi Mohammad,

Careful with that idea. The cables for the inverter go to the secondary side of the battery switches but the charger cables go to the primary side. If you run them in parallel without changing this setup you may end up with some strange and unwanted effects.

Myself I was thinking to replace the 2500 W (actually its only 2000 W contentiously) with a 3500 W combi model from Mastervolt (Mass Combi Pro 24/3500-100) once it dies on me. That way you can use two 100A chargers to recharge the batteries while on genset. You just need to be very careful with the configuration of the chargers. Mastervolt told me that you can run the chargers in parallel as long are you use a Mastershunt to report on the state of the batteries. The shunt sends the information to the chargers. 3500 W is enough to run any of the appliances. I still need to check the diameter of the current 24V cable to the existing inverter to see if that can be done.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121