Re: Washing Machine and 50 htz

Arno Luijten

Hi Teun,

What a strange place to have this Inverter.  I vaguely remember this was the spot where Amel would put the isolation transformer if that was requested. As Mohammad said before the "normal" place for the inverter is behind the genset. This Victron inverter may have been to big for that spot though. Personally I find these huge inverters scary, the power-draw is immense and they really kick the batteries hard when running for longer time. Also the electronics are under tremendous load, not the easiest thing in a marine environment. Even the 3500 I'm considering for Luna seems high to myself.
With Lithium batteries this may be easier but I'm not at that point yet.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121