Re: Xantrex Link 10 Battery Monitor

Dan Carlson

Hi Paul,  on BeBe the Victron BMV712 went into the same round hole in the 24v panel that the previous Link 10 had been in.  The BMV came with a shunt and it uses a cat 5 cable with quick connect ends.  I used the old Link 10 cable to pull the new BMV cable through from behind the battery compartment over head (conduits) to the cabinet over the galley sink where the 24 volt panel is mounted. The new shunt with a quick connect terminal has the same dimensions and battery connections as our previous shunt.

The Victron Venus GX is mounted just behind the 24 panel in the same cabinet.  It requires a power source, and then the in/outs from your BMV, MPPT, MultiPlus, ... So that is what should determine its location.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Regards, Daniel and Lori Carlson on sv BeBe (SM #387) currently in Les Saintes, Guadeloupe

On Mon, May 4, 2020, 4:50 PM eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Paul,

I mounted mine at the nav station as we log it every hour when making a passage.

It is a more convenient place for me.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376