Re: Top loading galley fridge/freezer used as a fridge: No?

Scott SV Tengah

We've been drying the fridge out for a week now and a few drops of water STILL come out. It bubbles out at the interface of the PVC pipe where the condenser copper lines go down to the compressor and the stainless. I think that there is a bad seal between that PVC pipe and the stainless box.

Oliver's video showed very wet insulation there so I don't think my problem is isolated.

Further, I was getting water buildup in the bilge under the sink. Since turning off this galley top loading fridge, I no longer get water buildup. I surmise I may need to replace my insulation and reseal the connection between the PVC pipe and the stainless box. Perhaps even replace the PVC with a stainless tube that is welded in?

Oliver - did you do anything to improve the seal between the PVC and the stainless box?

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69