Re: Furuno GPS Navigator GP-90

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Thanks to all,

I will try to poste some fotos when I replace the battery.

Does anybody know if there is a second battery in the GPS antenna?

Some antennas got integrated buffer batteries to gain faster reconnection.

Did Furuno use this kind of buffered antennas?

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54#39
Martinique

On Wed, May 6, 2020, 17:25 CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Oliver, if the GP90 is the same as the GP80 (I believe it is) the battery is soldered in place. Yes, I know! And I was only able to find one through a Furuno dealer about 3 years ago. This may have changed.

I have forgotten exactly where the battery is located, but it is obvious when you open the GPS. I do not remember if there were any markings on the battery.

Hopefully, someone else can add to this.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, May 6, 2020 at 11:09 AM Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica <oliver.henrichsen@...> wrote:
Hello,

As I get the startup error message

Internal Battery = NG

And experiance frequent (very short for a second) error messages with anoying beep.

I like to change the battery.

Does anybody know:

1. What Type of Battery?

2. Location of Battery?