Re: Top loading galley fridge/freezer used as a fridge: No?

Arno Luijten

Hi Oliver,

I was amazed with your gutsy move to re-insulate the fridge-freezer in the galley. Impressive. For later Amel 54s this is much more complicated as these only have a half-lid on top of the fridge/freezer. I do like the replacement of the seal you did as I suffer the same problem with the poor closure of the seal. As we use this cabinet only as fridge the problem is not so bad as it was for you, but it is still annoying. Where did you get those seals from?

Quick question; am I correct in assuming you have no freezer below the settee in the main cabin? In your video you only talk about two cooling installations.

Kind regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna
A54-121