Re: Top loading galley fridge/freezer used as a fridge: No?

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello,

You get these magnetic freezer seals custom made to your required size by any refrigeration supplier.
On the counter part of the gascet you will need 20x1mm magnetic!! Stainless stripes. I sanded them from the back side and fixed them with contact Clement.

In one of these posts I uploaded a picture and how to fix them.

Yes, we got only a fridge and the top load freezer.

No seate cooler.

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54#39
Martinique

On Thu, May 7, 2020, 08:19 Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
Hi Oliver,

I was amazed with your gutsy move to re-insulate the fridge-freezer in the galley. Impressive. For later Amel 54s this is much more complicated as these only have a half-lid on top of the fridge/freezer. I do like the replacement of the seal you did as I suffer the same problem with the poor closure of the seal. As we use this cabinet only as fridge the problem is not so bad as it was for you, but it is still annoying. Where did you get those seals from?

Quick question; am I correct in assuming you have no freezer below the settee in the main cabin? In your video you only talk about two cooling installations.

Kind regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna
A54-121