Re: Flushing the water maker with fresh water

Gary Silver

Edited

Hi Joerg:

This appears to be about right.  My flush system (the one I built over a decade ago for my Dessalator 160 l/hr factory system, so as to never have to pickle my water maker again) operates automatically every third day and runs for 2 minutes, during which it consumes about 3 liters of water.  Remember that you are pushing water thru (in my case) three water filters (a carbon block filter, and the two in series Amel supplied pre-filters) so you won't see a steady stream of water coming out.
I hope this helps.

Gary S. Silver, M.D.
s/v Liahona
Amel Super Maramu 2000