Re: Flushing the water maker with fresh water

Joerg,

I am sure you know this. The pressure knob on the control panel should be 100% anti-clockwise when flushing.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 6:37 PM Joerg Esdorn via groups.io <jhe1313=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
My boat is sheltering in place on the hard and the water maker has been pickled since November 2019.  Dessalator instructions say that the maximum period of pickling is 6 months.  After that, they say, you need to flush with fresh water once a month.  Since I'm away from the boat, I've asked the boat yard to do the flush and it appears that only a little water is flushing through - a trickle rather than a stream.  Much less than if the water maker is operating.  I'm satisfied the yard did everything correctly in accordance with the instructions.  So I wonder whether this is normal or whether there could be a blockage of some kind?  Do I have to keep flushing until I see a solid stream coming out?  I figure it makes sense that there will be a lot less flow than if the water maker's high pressure pump is working, but how much?  How many liters does the system contain - I don't think there's been more than 5 liters flushed through.  Any help would be much appreciated.   Cheers Joerg

Joerg Esdorn
A55 Kincsem
On the hard in Vigo, Spain