Re: FRESH WATER SAFETY CUTOFF

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Mohammed,

totally agree. I marvel and cringe at the complex electronic and electrical systems some people are adding. Not something for a boat intended for extended off shore sailing in remote third world locations.

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 11 May 2020 at 18:07 Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hello Steve;

You make valid points. However, we feel that at some point, we must have standard operating procedures, that address issues like the one you mention. There are many systems on board that could create undesirable and sometime dangerous conditions, if we do not think them through and have operating procedures that address these conditions. In regards to the issue you correctly point out, we never leave the water pressure breaker on, while away from the boat, at night or while under way. This simple SOP addresses this concern for us.

It is my opinion that by trying to prevent all potential issues that may arise , without the need for standard operating procedures that prevent them, we will create a far more complex system, than our boats currently are, with sometimes unintended outcomes.

One of the main reasons we were drawn to the Amel concept, was the fact that thousands of the same design concepts had done what we intended to do and had been tested in real life conditions. We did not feel that Amel design were necessarily the best, but that they had been well tested and proven throughout decades of real life conditions.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099