Re: FRESH WATER SAFETY CUTOFF

Matt Salatino

I believe it’s the valves in the diaphragm. It’s usually a gang of 3 or 4 valves that are replaced as a set on a common “diaphragm”. Easily replaced, and spare part at most chandleries or from Amazon/EBay. Replacing that part fixes the problem.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On May 11, 2020, at 3:38 PM, Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32@...> wrote:

William , I have that problem , my pump cycles on for a maybe two seconds every five minutes or so. I have looked everywhere for a leak and finally concluded it had to be a leak in the pump, allowing water to go back to the tank. Can the check valves be accessed to clean ?
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
From: william reynolds <sail23692@...>
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Sent: Mon, May 11, 2020 9:19 am
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] FRESH WATER SAFETY CUTOFF

 we suggest you always kill the power  to the fresh water pump when leaving the boat.We check all clamps on the fresh water system every 6 months. I keep the water pressure at about 40 psi to reduce pressure on all water components. A final note, all Shurflo and Jabsco pumps have tiny check valves on the inlet and outlet. They do not tell you about this. Any tiny particles can lodge in these valves and bleed off the system pressure. The symptom of this problem is an infrequent cycling of the pump with no apparent leaks. I have always installed a prefilter on my fresh water system and have rarely had a pump problem. See attached pic CloudStreet
Bill Reynolds SM2K 331