Re: Washing Machine and 50 htz

Teun BAAS

Hi Penny & Barry,

I didn’t try PANTAENIUS after in 2017 their USA office offered me USD17K or so which I was ready to accept. Then PANTAENIUS USA sent me to PANTAENIUS UK bcoz the boat is owned by a LONDON company and Dutch registered meaning an additional USD2 or 3K in VAT – so now close to USD20K. Bill ROUSE sent me to another Insurance company and they offered USD8K (but the boat had to be during cyclone season in NEW ZEALAND) and again, happy to save USD10K, I was ready to accept when my friends in NEW CALEDONIA introduced me to my current agent who insured AMELIT for USD5K with LLOYDS in LONDON and no cyclone clause at all.

Apparently these premium disparities still exists as last year I met in the SP some other AMEL owners paying these sky-high USD15K plus premiums. I can eat a lot of sushi for the difference in premium 😊. I am sure PANTAENIUS is still willing to write policies at these premiums while making their conditions IMPOSSIBLE to comply with so they can get out of a claim if they want to.

The writing on the wall is that in 2017/2018, while the premiums & conditions were all over the board for the same boat, these proposal were readily available from several insurance companies; now that seems to be no longer the case.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

In storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

May 12, 2020 15:03:04

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909