Re: sonic speed on SM 2000

Arno Luijten

Hi Marco,

The Ebay link and the Maxmarineshop link are actually one and the same vendor.

The partnumber seems to match the partnumber referred to in the installation manual of B&G, assuming Amel used the straight version. They came in the original B&G box carrying that number.

I have not examined the way the are mounted in detail as mine are still working. But they must be mounted from the underside I would say. There is a tube inside the hull leading all the way into the bilge.

I’m guessing the sensor is pushed in the hole bedded in Sikaflex. So I’m sure it will be a pig to remove once the time comes. I guess the best way is by drilling a hole in the face of the sensor and putting in a large screw to get some leverage to pull it out. Remember to tie a piece of string to the other end to feed in the new sensor once the old one is out.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121