Re: sonic speed on SM 2000

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello,

As the old B&G Hydra system gave up on our 54, and also the sonic speed system failed. I did not see a reasonable way to go on and repair the old system.
So we renewed the windvane and use Triton2 instruments.
To replace the sonic speed sensor, we choosed the Airmar DST800 tridata sensor. It fits in the through hull of the old deapth sensor and givs all, speed, deapth, sea temperature.
With that renewal comes an NMEA2k bus and all the old Hydra central cpu and extension processor and all the wiring goes off.
In that way we did not need to drill a new throughull and keapt the compfortable sonic speed without paddle wheel.

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54#39
Martinique

On Wed, May 13, 2020, 10:30 CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Marco,

I sent you an email with the instructions you need.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 1:55 AM Marco Mancini <marcomancini61@...> wrote:
Dear Paul and Arno,
thanks for your usefull  info.
Do you have also examined how to remove the old sensor  (  the aft one) and its cable? its frontal part with the probe  seems to be glued in the front part pf the keel.
cheers
Marco
SM Desiree , Italy , Naples

Il giorno 13 mag 2020, alle ore 00:09, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> ha scritto:

I just got replacements from here:

They were delivered to the UK. I Have not used them yet but they look to be correct.

Cheers,
Paul
S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98 - Grenada