water pressure regulator adjustment

Ryan Meador

Hi all,

Our boat has a device in the fresh water system just after the pump (photos attached) that I think is a pressure regulator.  It reads "Caleffi Mod Dep Cartridge With Filter".  I can't find an exact match online.  There's one old thread on this list that mentions it, and the owner thought it was an aftermarket addition.  It looks like it's original on at least some hulls!

Our water pressure has been slowly dropping for a couple months.  I suspect this regulator needs adjustment, or its integrated filter needs cleaning.  Do these things go out of calibration after a while?  Does anyone know how to open it to clean the filter?  I'd rather not twist the adjustment screw until I know more about it.

Thanks,

Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA