Re: [Amel] Re: Maramu vs SM

Dave_Benjamin

Carsten,

The cockpit is a lot smaller on the Maramu than the SM. Not sure about Santorin since I've never seen one in person. The double in the aft stateroom works okay for us but I agree it would be nice to have a larger berth. Amel got it right with the 54, going with the centerline berth. I've seen a lot of boats that are smaller than the Maramu with a better aft stateroom.

However all boats are compromises. Best of luck in the search.

Regards,
Dave Benjamin
www.IslandPlanetSails.com

--- On Thu, 6/18/09, c_fruendt <c_fruendt@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: [Amel] Re: Maramu vs SM
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 4:18 AM

I also in comparison of two Amels Maramu and Santorin, actually i like the maramu because the systems are simpler, like cutlass bearing, sometimes they have normal battend sails,( no in mast furling) and not so much electrical motors. A bowthruster could be installed.

What i do not like at the Maramu is that the cockpit seems to be small especially there is only on full lenght settee where you can lay and sleep, but the starbord side is much smaller.

Also onyl a few have a real double in the aft cabin so here you might have to change the nice wood interior .

Hello Maramu owners: am i right ?

This is much better on the santorin but also more costly.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.