From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of eric freedman
Sent: Thursday, May 14, 2020 7:30 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] European SM 240V looking to plug in 240V US Marina

Hello Dominique,

I believe you have the wrong plug as you do not have a ground..

You want a 50 amp twist lock plug. It has 4 connections for USA boats. For European boats you use only 3 of the 4 connections.

The green/yellow from the boat goes to the green in the plug.

The blue from the boat goes to the black in the plug .

The brown from the boat goes to the red in the plug. .

The white neutral, is not used.

The neutral wire is used on USA boats to get 110 volts between the black or the red.-this is not used.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376