Re: Volvo oil pressure - single wire non-isolated switch

Rudolf Waldispuehl

Hi Mohammad

Thanks a lot for the information. That helps; - nevertheless it’s confusing that the sensor has 2 wires. Because you said they send a “single wire” non-isolated ground sensor. If I understood correctly, the single wire non-isolated ground sensor is wrong in these case?

So you can only get the right sensor in France by referencing the AMEL setup, right? If I find a sensor who has 2 wire terminals is supposing correct, but not 100%

Happy sailing

Ruedi and Sabina

WASABI A54#55

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...>
Datum: Sonntag, 17. Mai 2020 um 03:08
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo oil pressure - single wire non-isolated switch

Hi Ruedi;

In order for the sensor to be isolated ground, it needs to have 2 wires, since it cannot use the engine block as ground. If you use the serial number of the engine to order the part, a single wire non-isolated ground sensor will be sent. My understanding, in talking to Amel, is that Volvo ships the standard engine to Volvo France. Volvo France then does the required mods to Amel Specs, one of them being isolated ground. To my surprise, Volvo does not update this information in their data base to match the serial number.

Here's the contact information, provided by Amel, and part number that was correct for our engine:

GWEN MARINE Mr Gwenael Rambaud :   gwen@...

Part Number: 863169 Description: CAPTEUR PRESSION

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099