Re: Main sail outhaul Motorspor

Miles

Hello Andre,

Before you replace your motor, have someone look at it.  Your problem could be as simple as a brush stuck or worn down.  If the motor is damaged, you can probably find someone to rebuild it.  I understand that it is a truck starting motor, but start with the brushes.  I know this because it happened to me.  Place a tarp under the boom when you take the cover off.  If it is like mine, there is a lot of carbon dust in there.

With luck and cooperating officialdom, I will be in Newport, RI by the end of June.

Miles, sm 216, s/y Ladybug,  Le Marin, Martinique