Re: A54 top loading fridge /freezer strut

Teun BAAS

Mohammad,

I wish it was something professional like a rolling sea but, in all honesty, we were on a mooring in NOUMEA and Bill ROUSE said something to me which really stunned/upset me that I dropped the lid on my finger :(.

Thanks for pic. 

T

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 5/18/20 11:22 (GMT-07:00)
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Cc: Atefeh Towfigh <atyt@...>
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] A54 top loading fridge /freezer strut

Hi Teun;

Sorry about your finger. I can see how it would be dangerous to try to open the door in a rolling seaway, hold it open while you grab stuff. We just have one strut. Attached please find a picture.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Teun BAAS via groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 11:14 AM

Hi Aty & Mohammad,

Strange – as I was told the small door 54 didn’t have a strut when I was looking to get a strut as the frigging door/cover fell on my finger and I can assure you that HURTS and gives you a black nail for several weeks. Mine doesn’t have any markings or signs of ever a strut(s) being installed.

You have 2 struts: 1 on each side?

OK – then I also like to have this info on the struts and will install.

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

In Storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

May 18, 2020 11:14:12

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

You can follow AMELIT via this link: https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/AMELIT

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mohammad Shirloo via groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 11:01

Hi Teun;

We have the small door for our top loading fridge in the galley and ours does have the struts. Ours also is getting weak and need replacing. So, input on this would also be appreciated if anyone has the part number.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Teun BAAS via groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 10:39 AM

Hi Soraya,

Looking @ your hull number (being very close to mine) I have been told that if you have the small top loading fridge/freezer there are no struts and you have to hold it open yourself

Does GARULFO have the wide or narrow top?

Best Regards Teun

SV AMELIT  A54  #128

In storage on the hard in COOMERA (near BRISBANE) QLD AUSTRALIA

May 18, 2020 10:37:48

USA cell: +1 832 477 8842

AUSTRALIA cell: +61 5951 8909

You can follow AMELIT via this link: https://forecast.predictwind.com/tracking/display/AMELIT

-----Original Message-----
From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Sv Garulfo via groups.io
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2020 10:15
To: Amel Yacht owners Group <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] A54 top loading fridge /freezer strut

Hello

Could anyone please confirm the details for the strut of the top loading fridge/freezer of the AMEL 54? And suggest a provider/ website?

Thanks for your help

Best

Soraya

Garulfo A54-122

Tahuata, French Polynesia

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.