Re: Main sail outhaul Motorspor

Kaplan,Andre

Thanks John
Interesting suggestion... I’m off the boat this week but I’ll follow up with some strong taps to the motor when I return next week.. but I think a rebuild of the motor will likely be needed if the circuitry is OK.

Andre

On May 19, 2020, at 2:57 PM, John Clark <john.biohead@...> wrote:

*** Attention: This is an external email. Use caution responding, opening attachments or clicking on links. ***
Also an SM owner, older SM though...assuming that all the breakers are turned on (control power too)  I found when the brushes in the motor are near the end of life the motor will sometimes work sometimes not.  A tap on the side would make it go for a while.  I replaced the brushes and have not had an issue in years.
Annie SM 37
WI USVI

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 3:23 PM Kaplan,Andre <kaplan@...> wrote:
Mark
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I did check the breaker.. it was not tripped, but it may be suspect since it had been replaced...
I’m not on the boat today, but I will take photos next week. Unfortunately, I can hear a click when I throw the switch... by your assessment, it may be the motor... if so, does anyone know where and how to get a replacement motor? Must it come from Amel or is there a standard motor that can be used as replacement.

BTW, I always try to limit strain on motor by heading into the wind during furling or unfurling mainsail.

Thanks for any suggestions on motor replacement.

Boat lies in Westbrook, CT

Andre
Renaissance 2000
Mango 71, 1988