Re: Starting Capacitor size for a 220v, 50Hz 2.5 kw water maker high pressure motor

Jose,

This probably is not what you are looking for, but....here you go.

This is the 220 volt motor for the Dessalator 150/160 liter water maker, but maybe newer than you SM.
image.png

If that is yours, this may help:
image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 1:42 PM Jose Venegas via groups.io <josegvenegas=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
The water maker high-pressure pump motor is not starting and breaking the AC circuits of shore power and Onan Generator.  It is a LeRoy motor. I have checked for a short circuit and seems OK. (1-ohm resistance between poles and 12.5 Khoms from pole to the earth)  The starting motor capacitor specs are not visible.  I measured  48 micro F, which seems small for the motor size.  Does anybody know if that is the proper size?  The motor makes a very short humming sound before the AC circuits jump.  Before I remove the motor and proceed with major surgery, I would like to know if the capacitor is the proper one or has failed.

Thanks in advance

Jose Venegas
Ipanema SM2000  278
Currently grounded in Grenada awaiting for the opening of Colombian ports to proceed.