- Genoa Swivel - position + binding connection to the genoa top loop - Amel 54
Re: Genoa Swivel - position + binding connection to the genoa top loop - Amel 54
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Before I answer, is your 54 rigged for twin headsails with two poles (ballooner)?
On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 8:55 AM Stefan Schaufert <mail@...
I got a new front furler and have to hoist the genoa again.
When I prepaired the genoa loops I got the feeling that the Swivel respectively the lower part is in the wrong position.
At least it looks like. The stainless steel protection/ cover blocks the 2 grooves and the hole for the binding connection is on the opposite side.
Unfortunately I did not took pictures from taking down the genoa. But I know that the genoa was in the left one of the 2 grooves. The lonely front groove seems to be also possible but the threading point is much to high.
Probably I am wrong.
1. Is the position of the lower Swivel part right?
2. Do you have a picture with the right binding (hole on front, loop on back of the foil is not ideal - thus the binding has to go around the foil)?
3. What is the purpose of the stainless steel protection/ cover?
4. Inside the protection is a „mouse clip“. What is it for?
Thx a lot for your help.
Stefan, Lady Charlyette, Amel 54 119, Le Marin
Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.