Cleaning Water Heater

karkauai

Hi all,
I just opened my water heater to check the zinc. It's been a few years since I've done this.  I found the zinc mostly intact, but covered with a greenish film. The water is a little discolored brown.
I'm writing to ask if anyone has a great way to clean the inside of the tank. Access is limited to a 3 1 /2" hole where the AC heating element, thermostat, and zinc are mounted. Access to the hole is limited by the scupper drain pipe.

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to remove the heater and use a pressure sprayer, but hoped someone would have an easier solution.

Thanks
Kent
Kristy SM 243
St Michaels, MD