Re: IALA buoy system warning

Courtney Gorman

And the Caribbean

-----Original Message-----
From: Danny and Yvonne SIMMS <simms@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Mon, Jun 1, 2020 2:57 pm
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] IALA buoy system warning

I thought red right return was only in America.
Regards
Danny
SM 299 Ocean Pearl
On 01 June 2020 at 18:59 "Matt Salatino via groups.io" <helmsmatt@...> wrote:

Not in Europe

~~~ ⛵️~~~ Matt

On Jun 1, 2020, at 3:30 AM, Courtney Gorman via groups.io < Itsfun1@...> wrote:

Red Right Return
Cheers

On May 30, 2020, at 10:58 AM, Matt Salatino via groups.io < helmsmatt@...> wrote:

Terrible!
He must have been very tired......

~~~ ⛵️~~~ Matt

On May 30, 2020, at 3:32 PM, Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica < oliver.henrichsen@...> wrote:

Hello,

Warning according to an incident yesterday in le Marin, Martinique.

We observed an AMEL super maramu full sail up entering the bay. The captain left a green buoy at his starboard side and ended up shipwracked on the reef.

We do not know all details of this incident.

But be warned, here is the IALA buoy sytem B used opposite to europe with IALA system A.

All european scippers need to pay attention.

IALA A is used by countries in Africa, most of Asia, Australia, Europe and India. IALA B is used by countries in North, Central and South America, Japan, Korea and the  Philippines .

By mixing up the different color code you my end up on the reef.

Oliver from Vela Nautica Amel54 #39
Martinique