Re: Genoa Swivel - position + binding connection to the genoa top loop - Amel 54

Laurens Vos

Bill,

Thanks for the link to the video. Now I got a good idea how the system works.
Very smart solution !  I didn't know this existed.
It's a shame we don't have the split poles anymore on the 54 because that was very easy system to set up.
On our 54 we now use the Parasailor. But for a short handed crew I think the genoa/ballooner system is safer because it can be rolled in a second in case of a squall (specially at night)
Drawback with the twin sails is the rolling of the boat and the necessity to sail almost dead downwind.