SM Outhaul troubleshooting

Dan Carlson

Hi all, on our last passage I popped the breaker on the mainsail Outhaul a couple times. I disconnected the motor from the Outhaul and was able to reset the breaker and actuate the motor, but the when reconnected it it popped the breaker again.  Now I can't reset the breaker.  1) I've have found lots of posts on removing and rebuilding the outhaul gearbox and motor and plan to do that to get to the source of why, but 2) I would also like some suggestions for trouble shooting and checking through all of the electrical connections to make sure that I don't have other issues there.

Thanks and regards, Daniel and Lori Carlson on sv BeBe, SM #387