Re: Onan does not start

Barry Connor

Hi Paul,
I am not very good with electric parts but I had a similar problem.
No click from the starter but I did hear a whish noise from behind the control panel. I took them out and put them back in, when pressing down on one the Onan started.  I replaced both relays and all then started and worked.

Best

Barry and Penny
“SV Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54. #17
Sainte Anne anchorage Martinique

On Jun 3, 2020, at 06:24, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

My Onan is totally dead nothing happened when trying to star not a slightest click. I have measured 12,8 volt between +on the starter and minus on the alternator, but only about 4 volt between + on the starter an - I believe it is on the starter see attached photo the same reading 4 v between plus on the starter and the ground strap.
I assume the reading should be 12,8 and not 4 volt?
Any idea where to start searching?
Paul on SY Kerpa SM 259, Lagos, Portugal sykerpa.com
<31987.jpg>
<15911792987437836114348009491907.jpg>