Re: Onan does not start

John Clark

Hi Paul,
   I instinctively say it is the DC circuit breaker, the red switch on the Generator panel in the ER.  I see it looks to be on, try cycling it.  My switch can be bumped when doing work in the ER and look like it is still on.

I am not 100% sure about the solenoid that connects the DC negative, if that also connects the generator control power to the neg terminal.  If so that could be the issue as well...in that scenario the solenoid would first close then allow everything else to fire up.   I'll be back on the boat this afternoon and can double check.

      John

Annie SM 37
Water Island USVI

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 6:18 AM Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:
My Onan is totally dead nothing happened when trying to star not a slightest click. I have measured 12,8 volt between +on the starter and minus on the alternator, but only about 4 volt between + on the starter an - I believe it is on the starter see attached photo the same reading 4 v between plus on the starter and the ground strap.
I assume the reading should be 12,8 and not 4 volt?
Any idea where to start searching?
Paul on SY Kerpa SM 259, Lagos, Portugal sykerpa.com