alternator wiring question

smiles bernard

Hello fello Amelians

I've been replacing the bilge bonding strap on our Maramu #162
The job has offered a jolly time well spent sprawled across my engine.
Whilst relaxing in this position i _think_ i have managed to knock a wire from the service bats alternator

I'm not that familiar with alternator wiring and wondered if anyone might be able to guide me on where the now loose wire might go?

I attach a picture. The wire in question is the small central white wire with red crimp terminal

I think it attaches back as per the picture but I dont know what the 3 terminals in the top of the alternator are for

There is a chance that i did not knock the wire off and it was never attached - ie its some artefact of a previously replaced alternator

Any advise would be very much appreciated

Its a 8LHA2023VA motorola btw

All the best

Miles

Maramu #162