Re: Keel rust and ballast straps on a Maramu

smiles bernard

Hi there

I'll connect from the busbar to another common ground point which then connects back to the rudder shaft and hence anodes
I notice on our boat that there used to be a bonding strap onto the prop shaft seal housing
The bonding copper mesh was attached by a jubilee clip so has broken off
A previous owner has i think replaced the original shaft log with one of those dripless ones that you need to burp when you launch to get water in
I suspect the original one was fed from a water T off the exhaust
So i'm in two minds as to if i need to bond this in - but assume it wont do any harm if i do

All the best
Miles