Re: Converting my Amel 54 to lithium batteries: what I did, what I like and what I don't like (after one year of full time live aboard use)

Lior Keydar

Dear Scott

First, thank you very much also from me for sharing your project. As you see, it is very interesting for so many people.
I am also thinking about replacing the batteries to lithium and would go your way.
About the electric cables, I saw that you need 2x 50 mm2 (2x plus and 2x minus). I think that both exist already. One pair for my 2500W inverter and one for the 100A Dolphin charger. They both 50mm2 (or more). The cables for the 30A are 40mm2.

- did you install the Skylla-i 80 amp just as a backup? would the 2x 40mm2 of the Dolphin 30A be enough?
- what did I not understand correct with the electric cables?

Thanks
Lior, A54 #18