Re: "Popeye" & Questions

ladyannila <kanalmamman@...>

It is equal to an 10-15 W halogen bulb. Both in warmth and britghtness.

/Ann-Sofie

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, amelliahona <no_reply@...> wrote:

Hi Ann-Sophie
Would you please comment on the characteristics of the light in your boat since switching to LEDs.
- are the bulbs as bright?
- is the color of the light pleasing or stark
- is the light directional or flood like?
thanks , Gary

In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "ladyannila" <kanalmamman@> wrote:

Hi Richard
and welcome to the Amel Group
your two first issiues I hope some one else can help you with. We have also changed to LED almost every where in the boat. We bought ours from www.sailorssolution.com I can realy recommend them, very service minded and by now they know all about electricity on an Amel

Regards
Ann-Sofie
S/Y Lady Annila #232

--- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, "rfmolony" <rfmolony@> wrote:

Gentlemen, (and Ladies)

I have purchased "Popeye", Amel Maramu Hull 91 from Bill Klein. She is currently lying in the Anclote River, Tarpon Springs in Florida.

So now instead of Bill's good advice, you are getting my not so informed questions. Any help would be appreciated.

1. I need to replace the bulb in the cockpit/hardtop light. I have removed the two small screws from the glass, but despite prising and twisting have got no further. This may be another intelligence test I just failed.

2. I will be pulling the masts to replace the (original) standing rigging. Where does one disconnect the electrical connection to the radar at the base of the mizzen mast? I have looked in the aft part of the engine compartment but can't see if and where the tube from the base of the mast then goes, and there appears to be no access from the aft head area. Also, is there any magic involved with the main mast, apart from disconnecting the wires in the overhead breaker panel outside the for'd head?

3. Does anyone know a US source for the (very) small propane gas cylinders used on the Maramu?

4. I have replaced all of the interior light bulbs with LEDs, and was looking to replace those in the nav, anchor and steaming lights as well, for the current saving. The Australian source I used does not have 22mm base bulbs, only 15mm. Does anyone know of a US or European source for such LEDs?

Respectfully,

Richard Molony
Maramu #91 "Popeye"