Ann-Sofie Svanberg
S/Y Lady Annila SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

9 juni 2020 kl. 14:23 skrev Courtney Gorman via groups.io <Itsfun1@...>:

Hi Pat the Mizzen furler is not greased I would try rinsing with copious amounts of fresh water maybe even soap and water first and watch what comes out of the bottom drain hole this may take care of your problem before begining a larger project.
Cheers
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick McAneny via groups.io <sailw32@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Tue, Jun 9, 2020 8:19 am
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Mizzen furler

I have a problem with the mizzen furler not able to rotate 360 degrees. I have determined that the problem is within the swivel part of the furler. It will rotate freely ,but then binds up and needs to be forced to be able to rotate. I need to take it off and separate the two parts , I assume the bearings have degraded . When I slide it down and off the foil will ball bearings fall out ? How are the parts separated ? Has anyone done this before. I will also try to disassemble the gearbox to clean and grease it while it is off.
Thanks,
Pat
SM Shenanigans